July 8, 2010

Gizzard


Ingredient
1 ripe plantain
1 pack Gizzard (about 2 cups)
2 Fresh tomatoes
large onion
1 large red pepper
oil
2 knor cube
sait to taste
Thyme
Curry powder

Preparation
  • Dice  plantain into squares, add salt and fry 

  •   Boil gizzard with a cup water, a cube Knorr cube and some salt  on medium heat. (25mins)
  • Puree tomatoe and pepper
  • Dice and caramelize onion
  • Add purred mixture to onion, season with  knorr, thyme, curry and salt to taste
  • Cook on medium heat for 10mins
  • Add precooked gizzard and plantain
  • Simmer for 15mins
Enjoy!

My take on pepper gizzard & plantain. Not a big fan of the dish but I thought I should share anyway

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll want to get a twitter icon to your blog. I just bookmarked the site, although I had to do this by hand. Just my suggestion.

9jaFOODie said...

Thanks Anon; I am on the twitter thing right away. I really appreciate ur suggestion,

Anonymous said...

Very informative post, I must say. This post is totally inspirational in its own ways and I am confident that it will even succeed in inspiring many people like me.And yes i have tweeted your site littlemissgastronome.blogspot.com .