2 cups well-shaken buttermilk (or milk)
4 large garlic cloves peeled and lightly crushed
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 chicken pieces
2 cups bread crumb (or corn flakes, crushed)
2 bullion cubes
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick), melted
- Combine buttermilk, garlic, pepper and salt in a large bowl and stir until evenly combined.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry transfer into a dish. Pour buttermilk mixture over chicken, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Place a metal cooling rack inside a baking sheet and set aside. (Or use a tray covered with foil)
- Place bread Crumbs in a shallow dish and season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture, letting excess drip of f, and place in bread Crumbs (or crushed corn flaked), turning to coat completely and pressing crumbs onto chicken.
- Transfer to the rack-lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken. Drizzle melted butter over chicken pieces.
- Bake until golden and crispy, about 35 minutes