December 24, 2010

Yam Fritters (Ojojo)





Ingredient
1 Small yam tuber ( or  4 large size sweet potatoes)
1 medium size onion (chopped)
Handful Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Salt and dried pepper to taste
1/2 cup flour
2 large eggs
oil for frying

Direction
Cut and clean yam tuber, grate using a hand held grater
Remove any excess water from the grated yam
Add in egg, salt, onion,cilantro, pepper and flour
Mix together all ingredient
Set oil on medium heat,  add in the yam paste bits at a time.
Fry on each side for 5 mins or until golden brown.

ENJOY.

4 comments:

Purpleicious Babe (DOZ) said...

Are u serious????? No way... u can make ojojo???? I rate u..... i do... awesome....

I didn't think anyone could make ojojo abroad... i thought it was people in the village that could make it(very narrow minded, but that what I thought, cos I have never had any in Lagos)... I tasted it first in Mayflower - Ogun state and I loved it... So seeing this pics has brought back memories and am gonna try this recipe for sure....


I am so loving this blog... mehn and ur food presentation is appetizing and on point.... hmmmmmmmmmm.. lol

9jaFOODie said...

waooo...I appreciate how you have taken your time to comment. so so much I do!!!
yes yes...Ojojo is awesome... the authentic one is made with water-yam, but there are always substitutes in life. lol.

aspiring Canadian cook said...

I'm going to be making this for my family, and am so excited to try it! This will be my first attempt at African cuisine; I'm very typically 'Western' normally. I love food from all over the world, but only cook very ordinary European dishes because other recipes seem so complicated or use ingredients I can't find easily!!

Happily, this recipe seems easy and practical enough that I can do it, and I'm so excited to try something new. Thanks so much for this great blog!! :D

9jaFOODie said...

You are most welcome, thanks for stopping by.