- 1 large bell pepper
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cup thai Basil (Nigerian Scented leave or Efirin)
- 1 cube maggi (bullion cube)
- 2 habanero pepper
- ½ tspn salt
- A dash of curry
- ¼ cup palm oil (or ur choice of oil)
- Meat* (pre-cooked)
- In a blender, combine peppers, tomatoes and basil. Blend. do not add extra water to the mix
- Set a pot on medium heat, once the pot is hot enough, add in the oil
- Pour in the blended paste, cover for 5 mins.
- Add in the pre-cooked meat, salt, maggi and curry
- Cover & cook on medium heat for another 10mins.
- Serve on white rice
*(for the meat, use whatever part you fancy; assorted meat generally describes the odd parts of a cow i.e shaki (tripe), edo (Kidney), ponmo (skin), roundabout e.t.c)
for this recipe I used shrimp, shaki (tripe) and beef kidney.
*be sure to buy a really strong smelling basil, it gives gives the sauce a totally different taste and aroma.