February 2, 2011

HomMade Fish and Chips


Salt & Pepper seasoned Oven Broiled Tilapia with Chips
Ingredient:

1 medium size whole tilapia ( de-scaled and cleaned)
A tspn sea salt
A tspn black pepper
A pinch dried parsley flakes (optional)

Direction

With a knife, cut into the fish horizontally on both sides
Rub in the salt, black pepper  and parsley flakes
Set aside for 10mins
Turn the oven on to Broil (usually the highest setting on most ovens)
Line a clean oven tray with foil pepper, set the fish on the tray
Place in the oven & broil for 15mins
Enjoy
#Note, I usually don’t fry my fries. As pictured above, the fries is oven baked. Takes about 10mins @350f depending on the cut

11 comments:

My Bestfriend's Little Sister(MBLS) said...

Love it!

Fluffycutething said...

Maybe i'll try this tonight....

Hoping it'll get me some... ;)

Naijalines said...

Can't have chips as I'm on a diet. Loving the fish though. Yum:)

9jaFOODie said...

@ MBLS .....yeiiii...ur first comment... I think :) Thank you.... I enjoyed it (all by myself :D

@ Fluffy... it's so easy to make, and it's something difft from the regular :).

@Naijalines.... fish is yum, the secret to the chips ( it's NOT deep fried, It's Oven baked) It takes longer to cook but it's worth it!!!

Nightingale said...

Now I'm hungry and it is only 8:30am...smh..
I should get some Tilapia and do this magic:D

OK said...

please recipe for the fish...please?
does d foil enter d oven with d fish?

9jaFOODie said...

hahahah... Nightingale.. I am in agreement!
@ Ok... I will put a recipe up for u :) and yes... I used foil to line the tray before placing the fish in the oven.

OK said...

...yeah....thanks in anticipation!

9jaFOODie said...

Yeiiii....I added the recipe. let me know ao it turns out :)

Gbemisoke said...

I'mma try this out soon!

9jaFOODie said...

...it's sooo yum!! I ate the whole fish *covering face*