May 11, 2011

HomeMade Chinese ( Chicken in Black bean)


Chicken in Black Bean Sauce

Ingredient
2 tablespoons peanut oil
4 full size chicken breast,sliced
1 tsp corn meal
1 crown of fresh broccoli
1 piece ginger, minced
1 each Red/yellow/green  Bell pepper ( cubed)
1/4 teaspoon hot chili oil or ground pepper
2 tablespoons fermented black beans, rinsed
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
2 bullion cubes or 1/4 cup chicken stock

Direction
  • In a bowl. add in the sliced chicken, 1 bullion cube, a dash of salt and the cornmeal, mix. Set aside while you prep the vegetables
  • In a wok or sauce pan on medium heat, heat peanut oil until it starts to smoke. Add the chicken and cook, stirring until both sides begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Remove the chicken and drain of kitchen towel
  • Add a little more oil to the pan, then add in all the vegetables; stir-fry for another minute. Add fermented black bean. Stir in soy sauce, water, and bullion cube. Add in the chicken, Simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.  Serve immediately with white rice.

12 comments:

Shabby said...

that looks delicious!

Nike Royals said...

Chai, why are thou torturing thy fellow being....now this is a real rub it in your face as I dey munch on my cold deli sandwich...lol looking at the direction, I see one can make this in less 15minutes, my kinda of food fast fast....looks yummy and delicioso.

9jaFOODie said...

@Shabby.. Thanks much!

@Nike...LWKMD! HAHAHHAH.... lmaoo.. sorry hen. Thanks sis!

The Corner Shop said...

I love Chinese. I want to try it :D

Adiya

NikkiSho said...

its been a while i had this...want it badly now

Tamunoibifiri Mobolaji-Kamson said...

lovely really really really love chinese.
You are good.
Pls when will you have a tasting party in lagos. Lol
www.secretlilies.blogspot.com

Tamunoibifiri Mobolaji-Kamson said...

lovely really really really love chinese.
You are good.
Pls when will you have a tasting party in lagos. Lol
www.secretlilies.blogspot.com

9jaFOODie said...

@Adiya... It's extremely easy! thanks for the comments always hon

@Nikkisho;sorry... least you can make it urself :)

@Mobolaji.... soon ooo... Very soon :D
tHANKS for the comment :)

Rhapsody B. said...

hmmmmm.... looks good, love the bowls

Surprise said...

I must confess, I've never eaten chicken in black bean sause before o. I will give the ingredients and the direction to Mrs. Surprise and ask her to prepare it for me.

Mena UkodoisReady said...

Yummy!

This is one of my younger brother's favourite dishes (he is a very good,health conscious cook)

9jaFOODie said...

@Blessing; Thanks much!

@Surprise ; I am sure the Mrs is very much up to the task, let me know how you like it :)

@Mena; I agree, it's a very healthy dish. Thank u!