Yes yes… pun intended (Ofada rice), my mum used to make this to die for turkey stew, it's so simple and so yum.
Here is my interpretation of the Turkey Stew on Ofada rice
6 turkey wings (cut)
4 knorr cubes (Bullion cubes)
2 Tspns salt
¼ cub palm oil, ¼ cup peanut oil
4 large tomatoes, 2 habanera peppers, ½ medium size onion and a some fresh ginger root (blended)
- Pour the blended tomato base into a large pot; boil until it is reduced to half the size
- Place another large pot on medium heat, set the turkey in, add 1tspn of salt and 2cubes of Knor . Cover and cook for 25mins
- Place a medium pot on low heat; add in the oil the oil. Blanch the oil for about 4mins (you might need to switch on the fan.lol)
- Carefully add in the tomato base to the oil , cover the pot immediately. Turn the heat to medium, cook for 3-5mins. Add in the left over salt and Knorr. Stir. Taste and adjust for seasoning if need be.
- Add in your boiled turkey, reduce the heat to a little below medium, cover the pot and cook for 20-25 mins (enough time to let the stew sip into the turkey bones).
- Remove the stew from heat; serve with Ofada rice, basmati or regular parboiled rice.
****PS: I was so excited to eat the rice; I didn’t take a proper picture. My bad*****