June 25, 2011

So You Think You Can Cook ( Entry 2 -Puff Puff With a twsit

By Titi's Passion
Click Here for direction timeline
Ingredients: Makes about 60 small size puff puffs
500g flour
150g white sugar
1 teaspoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups of lukewarm water
*Extra
Dried pepper or habanero pepper (based on tolerance level)

Direction

Using a scale measure your flour and sugar
Add the sugar to the flour
Add the yeast and nutmeg 
Add water
Using a hand mixer at lower, mix until smooth and  lump free (about 2 minutes). The hand mixer makes this process so easy.
Cover your mix with a foil paper and put in a dark spot for 1.5hrs. I put mine in my oven or sometimes my kitchen cabinet.
After 1.5 hrs your mix should look like the image below. It should be fully risen and have a stretch to it.
Heat your oil  to 350degrees Fahrenheit in your deep fryer. An alternative is to also use a deep pot
Chop your habanero pepper and then add to your mix OR add your dried pepper into the mix
Using your hand scoop the mix into your hand and drop into hot oil. Alternatively you can use a spoon(it determines size) to scoop it. I just prefer doing it the traditional way.
Let it fry until golden brown
Take out of the deep fryer and place on paper towel to remove excess oil 
Voila!
With a little jazz for extra sweetness (sprinkled confectioners sugar)

7 comments:

Ope Adebayo said...

Nice. Please where are u based? I would to come for dinner one day lol.

The Corner Shop said...

Oh i saw this!! Good one Titi :D

Adiya
The Corner Shop

Ibhade said...

as long as it is puff-puff..i go whack!..like it :)

Gbemisoke said...

Well done Titi,
You inspired me enough to make me buy a mixer. I'm definitely trying this recipe out this week
:o)

Vickii said...

Puff puff just might be one of my favourite things in the world so I love the look of this recipe and can't wait to try it!!

Wande said...

I love puff puff and this recipe puts a modern twist on the classic recipe. Can't wait to try it out.

Anonymous said...

I get better results with using the deep fryer if I remember to reduce the heat for some mins to allow the 'insides' cook also.