July 29, 2011

Indomie (Recipe #4)


Mushroom Noodle soup with Fresh Cod 

My Indomie noodles creation for the day is a soup, it is topped with fried fresh Cod fish ( Okporoko, panla) and some Basil.I also have some crispy fried plantain on the side for some crunch.


Ingredient
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 packet indomie noodles
Some chopped onions (optional)
1 Tspn fresh basil (chopped)
Fried plantain (optional)
cooked fish of choice

Direction
  • Place 2 cups of water on medium heat, set to boil. Once the water is boiled add in the indomie spice, mushroom and onions. boil for 5mins. in the mean time crush the noodles (YES! crush it). Add the noodles to the broth, cook for another 6-8 mins ( until the indomie is your desired softness). You can add some fresh pepper or pepper soup spice for some kick.
  • serve the soup in a bowl, top with the basil and fish. Enjoy!!


13 comments:

Suman Singh said...

Never had anything like this before..looks healthy and delicious..would love to try this sometime..thanks for sharing!Have a nice weekend!

dayor said...

hmmm, this looks gud..am so trying it out

stelzz said...

i love indomie. will definitely try this one out. where do u usually get basil from?

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

This looks really good - and light.
I deal supper with a glass of white wine abi

At times like this I really wish I were rich enough to have a live in chef *sigh*

Ms.Buki said...

This looks absolutely delish!

Muse Origins said...

Oh wow!! I'm drooling!!! *sugh*

Adiya
Muse Origins (Creative Nigerian Features)
Muse Origins

9jaFOODie said...

Lol....Thanks for the comment everyone.

9jaFOODie said...

@Stelzz: I usually get my Basil from a local Asian store. If you have the option of Asian store then try Thai Basil, it smells amazing and a little bit of it is enough to enhance food.

Ginger said...

Plantain!! I want :((

9jaFOODie said...

I will DHL some :D

enybees-hub said...

Hey I've missed No 3 or and now 4,will be back(been away from blog) oh to peruse :)been away from blog) oh to peruse :)

catering in philippines said...

Love the food! You’re amazing. This menu is fantastic, It sure will help everyone who’s looking for a perfect menu like this. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Keep posting!

zonia

Rachel Bell said...

I will DHL some :D