Curried indomie with Sauteed gizzard and Shrimps
For the rest of the week, well until Friday I will do one post a day on Indomie noodles. I believe indomie is one of the most widely consumed food in Nigeria with no class discrimination whatsoever. my hope is to create some recipes( I use that world lightly.lol) using indomie
1 pack indomie noodles ( whatever flavor you prefer)
3-4 raw gizzard (cleaned)
3-4 raw shrimps (cleaned and divined)
Half small onion (thinly sliced)
1tsp tomato puree (optional)
Salt and black pepper to taste
1Tspn oil of choice
- Combine the gizzard, some salt and pepper in a small pot. Add some water and set to boil over medium heat for 15-20mins
- In the mean time, add some salt, some curry and pepper to the shrimp. set aside
- Place a medium size pot over medium heat, once the pot is hot enough add in the oil and the onions. stir. cook for about 2 mins. place the shrimp in the pot with the onions, cook on each side to 2 mins. Remove the shrimps and set aside
- Now add in the boiled Gizzard to the onions,stir in the chilli and puree. add about 1 Tspn of water.cover the pot and set to simmer for 4-5mins.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the gizzard. combine
- cook your indomie noodles as instructed on the packet, add in some curry.
Click the picture below for the original recipe I created with indomie.