July 22, 2011

Quick Chicken Soup

This is a savory chicken soup for those evenings you want something light and satisfying.

Ingredient
Garlic (6 )(chopped)
Ginger (small)(chopped)
Onion(1/2 a medium) (chopped)
Tomato (4 Roma, julienne)
Olive oil 4Tbspn
Chicken 4-6thighs (bone in, cut into 4-5CM chunks)
Seasoning ( a mixture of paprika, curry, black pepper and cumin)half teaspoon each
Seasoning salt (or sea salt) ( a teaspoon)
Maggi (2 cubes) ( Bouillon cube)
Pepper soup mix  1 Tbs

1 Tspn blended chilli
Efinrin, fresh Basil or Scented Leaf (4 sprigs)

Bitter leaves 1 Tb spoon
 

Direction

  • Rub the seasoning mix into the chicken, add some salt (set aside)
  • In a large skillet, heat oil for 2mins. Add the onions, ginger and garlic. stir continuously until lightly brown
  • Add the chicken into the pan (try not to crowd the  pan) turning once. cook on each side for about 4mins (you want to get a good golden color from the chicken). Repeat until all the chicken is done
  • Combine all the seared chicken in the skillet
  • Add the tomatoes, 2 cups pf water, maggi, pepper soup spice, chilli and left over salt simmer on medium heat for 15mins. Chop and add in the basil and bitter. simmer for another 3mins
Serve hot with a chilled bottle of malt. 

To create a full meal out of the sauce, add  some cooked rice or pasta into a bowl and pour the broth on top. it is amazing and more filling.

28 comments:

Vickii said...

This looks delicious! I'm definitely going to try it!

Lily Johnson said...

Looking delish!

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

Lovely and light. Ahhh
Good with couscous???

9jaFOODie said...

@Vickii & Lily.. thanks ladies
@NIL....couscous will definitely go nicely with it.

stelzz said...

nice..and easy to make too

enybees-hub said...

Yummy...is it "fat free?" With no calories LOL
Lovely and simple

9jaFOODie said...

@Stelzz: yes it is.. thanks boo
@Enybees-Hub: you crack me up sis.. the effect of calories is a mental state, seriously :D

Coy~Introvert said...

This looks so delicious, I`m so going to try this and I`d get back to you with the results. Btw I think I know you :)

Noah's Crew said...

Looks delish. Have you thought about relocating to the US of A? Atlanta, Ga. to be exact, LOL so I can invite myself over to eat all these great cooking. Have a great weekend :)

Vee4ViBranT said...

wow look so good...

9jaFOODie said...

yeiii@Coy-Introvert : pls try it and let me know. hennnnn?? you know me ke? Hummm...where? how? lol

@Noah's Crew: LOL...I will think about it. hahhaha. thanks missy, you are too kind.

@Vee4vibrant: Thanks much.

Ms.Buki said...

Ah mehn, I want some chicken soup now now! This looks so delicious!

natural nigerian said...

Confession time: I have been avoiding your blog....the food looks too tempting and when I am away from home (as I have been), it is torture.

9jaFOODie said...

@Ms.Buki; I hope you made some

@NN: LOL..sorry hen.

Ope Adebayo said...

Hiya! I awarded you with the Sunshine award, go on my page to view it

LE DYNAMIQUE PROFESSEUR said...

Yummy! lol

- LDP

Adura said...

Looks soooo yummy!

nutritionalert said...

Very inviting!

Cannime said...

I'm hungry! Looks yummy sis.

9jaFOODie said...

Thanks everyone :)

The Relentless Builder said...

Efinrin in chicken soup? Hmmm...Interesting! Looks yummy!

9jaFOODie said...

yes Efirin in chicken. Efirin is actually more of a herb than it is a vegetable, it is a variety of Basil.

Coy~Introvert said...

oh yes I've tried it and I love it, I had it with white rice and it was so good, my friend loved it too, she had it alone. Thank you 9jafoodie :)
My next stop is puff puff, pls what stores can I find yeast in Canada?
Lol! dnt be scared I can try two guesses to know if I'm wrong or right about knowing you, hehe

dosh said...

lol @ "serve hot with a chilled bottle of malt"
You know how to live.

The soup looks delicious but yet again, i know it's disaster waiting to happen in my hands

9jaFOODie said...

@Coy-Introvert: yeiiiii #happydance yeiii...Happy you and your friend loved it. you can get yeast from super store/ extra foods/ sobeys, whatever grocery store you use, you will find it in the baking isle. buy the once in sachet, that way you only open what you need and you don't expose the rest. Hummmm... please send in your guesses, I am intrigued :d

@Doah: my sistah. wetin man go do nah. it's so simple to make, you should try it.

Mounah said...

mouth watering

9jaFOODie said...

Thanks mam :)

Food Handler Certification said...

This soup doesn't looks good... because it's great and delicious and amazing! I'll be definitely making this recipe when I got home. It might warm up some cold couples relationship and calm down heated arguments. :)