July 18, 2011

Quick Stewed Beef


Stewed Beef
Ingredient
10 medium cut beef
½ small size red onions (chopped)
2cups stewed tomatoes (buy canned)
4 bullion cubes
2tspn salt (to taste)
¼ cup olive oil
Some curry

 Direction

  • Combine the meat with 2 Bullion cubes, 1tspn salt. Boil over medium heat for 20-30mins (depending on the cut of beef, no need to add water)
  • Pour the oil into a large sauce pan, Place over high heat. Once the oil is hot, stir in the onions. Cook until the onion starts to brown, add in the stewed tomatoes, left over salt, bullion cubes and curry. Stir, cover the pot and simmer for 20mins.
  • Once the beef is cooked, set on an oven tray and broil at 450 degrees for 10mins. Turning at 5mins interval. Remove the beef from the oven, add to the pot of tomatoes, Simmer for another 10mins.
Serve on rice or pasta 
A great Week to all !

22 comments:

@ilola said...

Some of your food are really ordinary but the way you dress them just makes the difference. I love the way you present your food, it makes cooking more fun. In fact, I just love you. Thumbs uo

DammyJewel said...

as in her presentation..is the ish..@ilola you said well..

Muse Origins said...

As in!!! Her presentation is on point! I'm not a beef babe, but i'm definitely a stew babe lol

Adiya
Muse Origins (formerly The Corner Shop)
Muse Origins

9jaFOODie said...

@Ilola; lol...THANKS :)

@Dammy and Adiya: I am still learning, thanks ladies.

Yankeenaijababe said...

Yum yum...I LOVE MEAT, send me some

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

Looks real good...........as usual

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

PS - What part of beef did you use?
Reason I ask is that some can be sooo chewy.
xoxox

9jaFOODie said...

@YNB: me and you ooo. God help me.
@NIL: thanks much. I usually go for Sirloin, loin or chuck, I find those parts to be the most tender.

Shabby said...

this is what i will be making for dinner!

9jaFOODie said...

Yeii, let me know how it turns out :)

MsJB said...

Any particular reasons for the stress on "canned"? I always prefer my tomatoes fresh tho.

9jaFOODie said...

@MsJB: no reason at all...I usually prefer fresh ingredients as well. I used canned tomatoes in this recipe because they are precooked so it makes preparation a lot faster.

Cannime said...

Yummyyyyyy!!!

LE DYNAMIQUE PROFESSEUR said...

Those meat ehn... leave the leaves abeg. lol

- LDP

9jaFOODie said...

@Cannime: thanks
@Le Dynamique: lol...noted :)

Mena UkodoisReady said...

I have a confession to make

I just made and ate this meal. I just didnt use bullion cubes nor rice or pasta sha.

Still thanks for sharing!!:))

p.s:your thoughts needed here ;) http://efemenaoreoluwa.blogspot.com/2011/07/disclaimer-very-controversial-sex.html

enybees-hub said...

Ordinary meals,uniquely presented. Its your passion for food that trips ‎​​me o ;)

9jaFOODie said...

@Mena: way to go!!

@Enybees_hub: Thanks much :)

Lara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lara said...

i love the way you give nigerian meals a very pretty face!

igbogirlguide said...

Just looking at your blog with the hubby and said "Should I write 'My husband wants to marry you?'"

"Yeah, tell her I'd definitely consider having her as my second wife." *Drool*

He wishes! Two foodies in the same house? He might never leave!

9jaFOODie said...

LWKM...hahahha...YOUR hubby is funny.