Yam 1 medium size tuber ( peeled, washed and cubed) *should make about 4 cups cubed*
Palm oil (4Tbs)
4 sprigs spring onion (chopped) *optional*
1 Tsp sugar *optional*
Maggi (2cubes)*seasoning cube*
Salt to taste
1 cup dried fish (washed)
2 Tspn blended crayfish
Dried pepper (1tspn)
- In a medium size pot, combine the yam and 4 cups water .Add salt and sugar. cook on medium heat for 15-20min
- Add in the dried pepper, with a spatula or spoon stir the yam, it should be soft enough to break apart a little. Add in the dried fish, blended crayfish and maggi. simmer for 2 mins
- Reduce heat to Min, add in the palm oil and green onions. simmer for another 8 mins
I medium size cocoyam tuber (peeled and cubed) *should make about 4 cups cubed*
1 habanero pepper (Ata rodo)
1 red bell pepper
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 Tspn chopped garlic
3Tspns palm oil
2 Tspns blended crayfish
1 cube magi
Salt to taste
Handful chopped cilantro (optional)
- Combine the Tomato, red pepper and habanero in a blender, blend to a fine paste
- Heat up the oil in a large pot; add in the chopped onion and garlic. Stir continuously until the onion is cooked.
- Add in the blended peppers, 1.5cups water, magi, salt, blended crayfish and your choice of meat. Cover and cook for 5-6mins
- Now add in the cocoyam, Simmer on below medium heat for 25-30mins. Top with chopped cilantro.
Serve your porridge with a side of Chicken and a chilled drink, try this Chicken breast recipes.
PS: Cocoyam is called Taro here in America, most grocery stores actually carry it. It is also abundantly available in Asian grocery stores.